Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Quantum Leap

February 29 comes but once every four years. Being an unusual day on the calendar I figured it was a particularly good day to set up and launch a blog on the subject of my academic research: Robert Jemison Van de Graaff: American experimental physicist, scientist, inventor, husband, father, Southern gentleman, and coolest of all - atom smasher. In the coming weeks, I shall post the origins of how this project got started (around two years ago), where I have gone, whom I have met, and what kinds of interesting things I have encountered or discovered along the way. Once up to speed, I shall post progress reports as I dig into Robert and his eponymous machine: the Van de Graaff Generator (aka the Van de Graaff Accelerator).

This blog should help me keep an account of my progress and provide opportunities for people to share helpful comments, suggestions, information, links, photos, and so on. I look forward to our conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment